- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 8 slices of bread (white, whole wheat, or your preferred type)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly and slice them into thick, even slices.
- Take the bread slices and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on one side of each slice.
- Place the tomato slices on the mayonnaise-covered side of four bread slices. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top of the tomato slices.
- If desired, add a layer of lettuce leaves on top of the tomato slices.
- Take the remaining four bread slices and place them, mayonnaise side down, on top of the tomato and lettuce layers to form sandwiches.
- Gently press the sandwiches together.
- If desired, you can trim the crusts off the sandwiches for a neater presentation.
- Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally or into smaller, bite-sized portions.
Your classic tomato sandwiches are now ready to be served! They are perfect for a light and refreshing summer meal. Enjoy!