Certainly! Making KFC-style biscuits at home is a delicious endeavor. Here’s a simple recipe for you:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or substitute with a mixture of 3/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice, let it sit for 5 minutes)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Prepare Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in Butter: Add the cold, cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add Buttermilk: Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Gently stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- Knead the Dough: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it comes together. Pat the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut Biscuits: Using a biscuit cutter or a floured glass, cut out biscuits from the dough. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are touching for soft sides or spaced for crisp sides.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve: Once done, remove the biscuits from the oven and let them cool slightly. Serve warm with butter, honey, or your favorite toppings.
Enjoy your homemade KFC-style biscuits!