Certainly! Making a milk brioche that is fluffy and super soft is a delightful endeavor. Here’s a recipe for you:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup additional warm milk (for brushing)
- Activate the Yeast: In a bowl, combine warm milk, a pinch of sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until frothy.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add the activated yeast mixture and mix well.
- Mix and Knead: Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring constantly. Once combined, transfer the mixture to a floured surface and knead for about 10-15 minutes until the dough becomes soft and elastic.
- Add Butter: Gradually incorporate the softened butter into the dough, kneading continuously until the butter is fully absorbed and the dough becomes smooth and shiny.
- First Rise: Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Shape the Dough: Punch down the risen dough and shape it into the desired form. You can make a loaf, individual buns, or use a brioche mold.
- Second Rise: Place the shaped dough in the pan, cover it again, and let it rise for another 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush with Milk: Before baking, brush the top of the dough with warm milk. This helps in achieving a golden brown crust.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the brioche is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool: Allow the brioche to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
Enjoy your homemade milk brioche! It’s perfect for breakfast or as a sweet treat with a cup of tea or coffee.