Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for making air fryer tamales:
- Tamales (pre-cooked and wrapped in corn husks)
- Cooking spray or oil
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). This may vary slightly depending on your specific air fryer model, so check the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Prepare the Tamales: If your tamales are frozen, it’s best to thaw them before air frying. Remove the corn husks if they are not meant for consumption. If your tamales are fresh or refrigerated, you can proceed without thawing.
- Spray or Brush with Oil: Lightly spray or brush the tamales with cooking oil. This helps them crisp up in the air fryer.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer Basket: Place the tamales in the air fryer basket, making sure there is enough space between them for air circulation. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Air Fry: Cook the tamales at 375°F (190°C) for about 15-20 minutes. It’s a good idea to flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even crispiness.
- Check for Doneness: Tamales are ready when the outer layer becomes golden brown and slightly crispy. The inside should be heated through.
- Serve: Carefully remove the tamales from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. You can serve them with your favorite salsa or toppings.
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary based on the specific air fryer model and the size and thickness of your tamales. It’s always a good idea to check for doneness and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Enjoy your air-fried tamales!